Monday, January 3, 2011

Welcome & stuff!

Heya!

My name is Chaz Kemp & I'm a freelance illustrator.  There.  That will just about sum it up.

Well... maybe I should expand upon the theme a little - maybe even tell you why I'm writing a blog.  I want to share my adventures with you and I want to promote my art.  

I thought that it might be cool to share my experiences as a freelancer so that maybe... just maybe... they can help someone be a successful (insert your particular freelance field).  When I first started out a couple of years ago - I had to figure things out for myself.  I took steps forward and I stepped on a few landmines too.  I'm still learning... which is why I say, "The continuing adventures..."


With the new year I feel like a new person.  This is a new start to a fantastic career and an incredible life.  That's why the blog is called Chaz Nouveau... nouveau being the french word for "new".  Not terribly original, but hey - that's why I'm an artist, not a writer.  

I'm also going to show you my art at various stages of development and give you a link to where you can buy the finished piece.   Just in case you feel like throwing a little support my way.


I'll wrap this up by saying that you are all very welcome to comment.  Please feel free to let me know what you think.  I'll leave you with a recent piece entitled, "Battle Faerie: Sera and chat with you again very soon.  :)




 - Chaz
Buy my art:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/Avarra
Look at my art: www.chazkemp.com
Listen to my band:  http://pandoraceltica.bandvista.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment